Strengthening democratic principles and institutions is at the core of our philosophy
bespoke consulting solutions since 1998
We at BiRD (Bureau for Institutional Reform and Democracy) strive to make democracies worldwide resilient, just and inclusive. As an independent consulting company, we are headquartered in Munich, Germany, while maintaining several satellites in Europe and beyond.
With more than 20 years of experience, we are among the first consulting companies to explicitly specialise in the increasingly important governance sector. Over the years, we have gradually moved from the implementation of short-term missions to managing larger-scale technical assistance projects for various donors, such as the European Commission and GIZ. At the same time, we have built up the second core pillar of our work: conducting evaluations and studies, ranging from project evaluations to complex sector-wide analyses for public institutions and NGOs.
BiRD at a glance
WHAT we do
- Institutional and organisational strengthening
- Support to democratic actors, institutions and processes
- Evaluations, studies, analyses
- Training and capacity building
- Management and support of change processes
How we do it
- Members of our in-house team
- Mixed-teams of in-house staff and affiliated consultants
- Affiliated consultants under our management
Sectors we work in
- Governance sector
- Justice and accountability sector
- Security sector
- Non-governmental sector
- Conflict transformation and peacebuilding sector
+ TEAM MEMBERS
16. November 2021 Submit CV to be included in BiRD expert database
28. Oktober 2021 Submit CV to be included in BiRD expert database
LET'S WORK TOGETHER
Do you want to become part of our network of experts?
Applications and updated CVs are accepted on a rolling basis.